Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Monthly Loot along with Cubao adventure





How have you been? I have been busy since yeah, school and stuff. So I decided to post for my monthly loots! Wouldn't it been fine, right? Now for the month of August, these are the things I've got. And of course, as usual, got into a big misadventure.





While I was on my way to school, I saw this shop selling this beautiful military-inspired dress. I love its design and its vintage feel. The shop is around Altura, near Sta. Mesa PNR station. The shop is only open during morning though. I didn't take pictures of the shop because I didn't bring my camera along with me.
Here at the pictures of the dress.

The dress (OBVIOUSLY)

The details on the shoulders. Really reminds me of those military uniforms

The buttons (close-up). Although I need to fix the buttons since they were a little loose.

See? It also has belt loops too!

The dress when worn. Sorry for the background and for my face. 

\The fabric feels light and as usual, my chest gets in the way of the dress again. (I hate my chest, that's why) I'm planning to wear this for casual days once I get the proper shoes for this or something like that. Or maybe my heels. 

Last Sunday, my aunt and I went to Cubao. Of course, I totally requested that we go to Cubao because I want to out a certain place called Cubao Expo. I didn't bought my phone and camera during the time so I don't have much pictures of the place. Just google it and by the way, Cubao Expo is near AliMall. It has large sign that screams "CUBAO EXPO". As promised, Cubao Expo did not fail to impress me for it's indeed a place for collectors. Although it disappointed me since a lot of shops were closed. It's understandable since it was a Sunday.
\
The first shop I went to is The Reading Room. I saw it in Facebook and they were selling a lot of accessories and trinkets. They even have bookmarks and postcards! They have these Gothic Lolita accessories and Alice In Wonderland-inspired accessories too! There were also Pop Cap accessories and pins. There were also Matryoshka Dolls on display and also bonnets. Since I was budget-tight and I wanted to buy something from their shop, I decided to buy their Union Jack earrings and it costs 50 PHP. Not to mention, it's one-of-a-kind! I am planning to buy their American flag earrings once day (If it's still available, that is) 

The earrings

The earrings when worn.

We were still in Cubao Expo and I am itching to find vintage photos that were taken around 1880-1945. Most antique shops were closed sadly. There were antique shops selling photo albums of photo cards of NBA players and old comic books. It's unfortunate of me not to be able to experience getting a comic book WEEKLY. (Or maybe there were comics being sold at that time but I was still very young) It even had the good ol' Filipino classic, Machete. 
Yup. This is the Machete I am referring to. 
( Image url:  http://4.bp.blogspot.com/rEaigNTV7FA/TVUJRbUPFPI/AAAAAAAACFE/BQq73D9s0rs/s1600/m3.1.jpg) 

(Blogspot URL: http://pinoysuperheroesuniverse.blogspot.com/2011/02/machete-hunk-of-wood.html) 

I was about to give up until we stumbled to this antique shop. I was really thrilled to find out that they were selling old photos and letters. I decided to get a postcard that was dated after the WW2 and a photo with a message written behind it. I did not expect that they would sell the photo to me at a very student-friendly price. 

The photo I bought. According to the description behind, it may be taken during the 1930s.

The message behind the photo. It says.
"December 24, 1933.

To my godmother,
In your album, there is a garden of love. Then plant this as a token of forget-me-not.
Your goddaughter,
Apolinaria"
(The black spot at the corner didn't show me the surname of the sender though)

The postcard. As you could see, it's torn. Maybe it's due to the paper being crispy and all. The date stamped there is November 15, 1945. You could see the face of our National hero, Jose P. Rizal. 

After going to Cubao Expo, my aunt and I went to the ukay-ukay. We decided to buy some clothes. I bought a dress because I love how cute and adorable the designs are!
The dress we bought from an ukay-ukay (thrift shop) from Cubao

The designs on the sleeves up close. Pretty adorable, right?

More details. 

Picture when worn

The dress has an adjustable ribbon tied around its waist. So I wear it as a dress or as a top! I can let it loose too!

While my aunt and I roamed around, of course! Who wouldn't forget our favorite? BOOKS. Yes, we love books and we love book bargains! So far, so good, I got books from my favorite authors. Which are Lemony Snicket and Alexander McCall Smith

Yup. I bought "The 2 1/2 Pillars of Wisdom" by Alexander McCall Smith and "A Series of Unfortunate Events" by Lemony Snicket. I also bought some hipster glasses and NO, it doesn't have any grade. In short, they are just glasses used for the show. I don't need to wear fake glasses when I'm reading though.

Picture when I have worn the hispter glasses. Haha.

Last but not the least, while my aunt was buying some makeup in HBC before we went home. I decided to treat myself some nail polish. Why not? I decided to try black nail polish. 
Here's the nail polish. I will make a review about this some time. 

Heave-ho! Well, that's it. I am now here again. Currently praying for another typhoon suspension. Since I am a university student, well, as they say, I AM WATERPROOF. It means, we still need to wait for the streets to get flooded before our classes gets suspended. Take care during typhoons and rains, okay? And make sure to warm up once you got home.

Toodles~!

Love lots, 
Raj











No comments:

Post a Comment